Tenth call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) of the COST Action EuroXanth
We are delighted to inform you that the STSM Committee of the EuroXanth COST Action has decided to accept applications for Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSM) for the period from June 14 to August 31, 2021, and to evaluate them on an ad-hoc basis.
Generally, STSM are:
- Exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another COST country;
- Aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants’ institutions or laboratories;
- Minimum of 5 calendar days.
The financial contribution for such a STSM will be a fixed grant based on the applicant’s budget request and the evaluation of the application by the STSM assessment committee. Up to 3500 € in total can be afforded to each successful applicant, incl. max. 300 € for travel costs and max. 160 € per day for accommodation and meal expenses.
If you wish to apply, please send the following documents to the STSM Coordinator (Dr Monika Kałużna, firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the Chair (Dr Ralf Koebnik, email@example.com):
- Written agreement of the Host Institution;
- Letter of support from the Home Institution (written agreement from the supervisor or group leader);
- Supporting documents (Cover letter incl. cost estimate for travel and subsistence; Scientific work plan of max. 3 pages; CV of max. 3 pages, incl. list of relevant publications, ).
Please consult the COST Vademecum for more details on eligibility for application and the reimbursement rules. Please be aware that you need to provide a written report within 4 weeks after return from the STSM, but no later than September 1, 2021, in order to receive the grant.
Following a decision of the Management Committee, taken on July 18, 2018, we herewith announce that the name and affiliation of all grantees, the titles of the STSM projects and the host institutes will be published on our EuroXanth website. All other information will be kept confidential.
Specific provisions have been introduced to enable researchers from ITC participating in the respective COST Action to receive 50% of their STSM Grant when they complete the first day of their STSM. The remaining 50% of the Grant is payable once the administrative requirements have been satisfied.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
With kind regards,
Monika Kałużna (STSM Coordinator)
Ralf Koebnik (Chair)