We are delighted to announce the opening of the 6th call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) of the COST Action EuroXanth: Integrating science on Xanthomonadaceae for integrated plant disease management in Europe. We are now receiving applications for STSM due to take place between November 1, 2019, and March 15, 2020.
The deadline for application is 30th September 2019.
Generally, STSM are:
- exchange visits between researchers involved in a COST Action, allowing scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another COST country;
- aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants’ institutions or laboratories;
- minimum of 5 calendar days.
The financial contribution for such a STSM will be a fixed grant based on the applicant’s budget request and the evaluation of the application by the STSM assessment committee (max. 3500 € covering travel and subsistence with max. 160 € per day for accommodation and meal expenses).
To apply, please register at e-COST (if you did not so before in the frame of another activity) and send the following documents to the STSM Coordinator (Dr Monika Kałużna, firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the Chair (Dr Ralf Koebnik, email@example.com):
- written agreement of the host institution,
- letter of support from the home institution (written agreement from the supervisor or group leader),
- supporting documents (CV of max. 2 pages, scientific work plan of max. 3 pages, list of publications, covering letter, cost estimate for travel and subsistence).
Please consult the COST Vademecum for more details on eligibility for application and the reimbursement rules. Please be aware that you need to provide all travel documents and a written report within 4 weeks after return from the STSM in order to get reimbursed.
Following a decision of the Management Committee, taken on July 18, 2018, we herewith announce that the name and affiliation of all grantees, the titles of the STSM projects and the host institutes will be published on our EuroXanth website. All other information will be kept confidential.
Specific provisions have been introduced to enable researchers from ITC participating in the respective COST Action to receive 50% of their STSM Grant when they complete the first day of their STSM. The remaining 50% of the Grant is payable once the administrative requirements have been satisfied.