As an output of our EuroXanth COST Action, the four Working Group Leaders, together with the Chair, have edited the Special Issue “Integrating Science on Xanthomonas and Xylella for Integrated Plant Disease Management”. This publication appeared in the MDPI journal Microorganisms (IF 4.1 in 2020).
Thanks to the large success of this initiative, MDPI has re-opened this virtual Special Issue to receive new manuscripts. Therefore, we encourage researchers to submit their research papers, commentaries or reviews addressing various aspects of the investigation of plant-pathogenic Xanthomonadaceae. Some of the potential topics include:
- Taxonomy, diagnostics, and diversity;
- Epidemiology, ecology, evolution;
- Pathogen biology (incl. pathogenicity factors, host range, tissue specificity);
- Host defense, genetic resistance, molecular breeding, genome editing;
- Disease management and vector control (incl. remote sensing, biocontrol, antagonists, phage therapy, nanotechnology).
Please consider this Special Issue for your next paper on Xanthomonas and/or Xylella!
The deadline for manuscript submission has been extended until March 31, 2022.
If you wish to obtain an APC discount, please inform us beforehand. If we believe that your contribution will have a large impact we, the guest editors, may negotiate a discount with MDPI. On the other hand, you are free to negotiate with MDPI directly.
With kind regards,
Joana Costa, Joël F. Pothier, Jens Boch, Emilio Stefani, Ralf Koebnik