We are delighted to announce the opening of the 8th call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) of the COST Action EuroXanth: Integrating science on Xanthomonadaceae for integrated plant disease management in Europe.
We are now receiving applications for STSM due to take place between Juli 1, 2020, and February 28, 2021. If you wish to apply for a STSM, please send the following documents before May 31, 2020, to the STSM Coordinator (Dr Monika Kałużna, email@example.com) and to the Chair (Dr Ralf Koebnik, firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Written agreement of the Host Institution;
- Letter of support from the Home Institution (written agreement from the supervisor or group leader);
- Supporting documents (Cover letter incl. a cost estimate for travel and subsistence; Scientific work plan of max. 3 pages; CV of max. 3 pages, incl. list of relevant publications).
Successful applicants will be eligible for a STSM Grant by the EuroXanth COST Action. A STSM Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the STSM application. STSM Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to undertaking a given mission. A STSM Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee.
The evaluation criteria defined by the Management Committee consider
- Scientific quality of abstract/application;
- Relevance of the participation for the Action;
- Diversity and representativeness of contributions with respect to the COST Action;
- Gender balance, Country and Career stage, with specific encouragement for Early Career Investigators (ECI) and applicants from Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC).
Please consult the COST Vademecum for more details on eligibility for application and the reimbursement rules. Notably, the STSM Grantee has max. 30 calendar days from the end date of the mission to submit a scientific report to the STSM Coordinator and to a senior researcher affiliated to the Host Institution. Please be aware that you need to provide all travel documents and relevant receipts (invoices for accommodation and long-distance tickets) within four weeks after return from the conference in order to receive the grant.
Following a decision of the Management Committee, taken on July 18, 2018, we herewith announce that the name and affiliation of all grantees, the titles of the STSM projects and the host institutes will be published on our EuroXanth website. All other information will be kept confidential.
Specific provisions have been introduced to enable researchers from ITC participating in the respective COST Action to receive 50% of their STSM Grant when they complete the first day of their STSM. The remaining 50% of the Grant is payable once the administrative requirements have been satisfied.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
With kind regards,
Monika Kałużna (STSM Coordinator)
Ralf Koebnik (Chair)