We are delighted to inform you that the EuroXanth COST Action has well economised over the first months, thus allowing to launch a second call for Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSM) within the first grant period. Please check the COST Action’s website for more information: EuroXanth.eu.
The call for application is now open. If you wish to apply for a STSM, please send the following documents before December 31 to the STSM Coordinator (Dr Monika Kałużna, email@example.com), to the Chair (Dr Ralf Koebnik, firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the Grant Holder Administrator (Audrey Canado-Janjon, email@example.com):
• written agreement of the host institution (this document can be handed in later if necessary but needs to be provided before the COST Action can send the official invitation),
• letter of support from the home institution (written agreement from the supervisor or group leader),
• supporting documents (CV of max. 2 pages, scientific work plan of max. 2 pages [max. 4 pages for long ECI-STSM], list of publications, covering letter incl. a cost estimate for travel and subsistence).
Successful applicants will be eligible for a STSM Grant by the EuroXanth COST Action. A STSM Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the STSM application. STSM Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to undertaking a given mission. A STSM Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee.
The evaluation criteria defined by the Management Committee consider
• Scientific quality of abstract/application,
• Relevance of the participation for the Action,
• Diversity and representativeness of contributions with respect to the COST Action,
• Gender balance, Country and Career stage, with specific encouragement for Early Career Investigators (ECI) and applicants from Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC).
Please consult the COST Vademecum for more details on eligibility for application and the reimbursement rules. Please be aware that you need to provide all travel documents and relevant receipts (invoices for accommodation and tickets) within four weeks after return from the conference in order to receive the grant.
Specific provisions have been introduced to enable researchers from ITC participating in the respective COST Action to receive 50% of their STSM Grant when they complete the first day of their STSM. The remaining 50% of the Grant is payable once the administrative requirements have been satisfied.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
With kind regards,
Monika Kałużna (STSM Coordinator)
Ralf Koebnik (Chair)
Audrey Canado-Janjon (Grant Holder Administrator)