We are delighted to inform you that the STSM Committee of the EuroXanth COST Action has decided to accept applications for Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSM) for the period from June 14 to August 31, 2021, and to evaluate them on an ad-hoc basis. Please check the COST Action’s website for more information.
- Written agreement of the Host Institution;
- Letter of support from the Home Institution (written agreement from the supervisor or group leader);
- Supporting documents (Cover letter incl. a cost estimate for travel and subsistence; Scientific work plan of max. 3 pages; CV of max. 3 pages, incl. list of relevant publications).
Successful applicants will be eligible for a STSM Grant by the EuroXanth COST Action. A STSM Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the STSM application. STSM Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to undertaking a given mission. A STSM Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee.
The evaluation criteria defined by the Management Committee consider
- Scientific quality of abstract/application;
- Relevance of the participation for the Action;
- Diversity and representativeness of contributions with respect to the COST Action;
- Gender balance, Country and Career stage, with specific encouragement for Early Career Investigators (ECI) and applicants from Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC).
Please consult the COST Vademecum (Section 8, pages 32-33) for more details on eligibility for application and the reimbursement rules. However, whereas the STSM Grantee has usually up to 30 calendar days from the end date of the mission to submit a scientific report, you need to provide this report in any case no later than September 1, 2021, because our COST Action will finish on September 15 and we need to make sure to process your grant before the end of the COST Action.
Following a decision of the Management Committee, taken on July 18, 2018, we herewith announce that the name and affiliation of all grantees, the titles of the STSM projects and the host institutes will be published on our EuroXanth website. All other information will be kept confidential.
Specific provisions have been introduced to enable researchers from ITC participating in the respective COST Action to receive 50% of their STSM Grant when they complete the first day of their STSM. However, given the short time that is left until the end of the COST Action, we will very much appreciate of not using this possibility.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
With kind regards,
Monika Kałużna (STSM Coordinator)
Ralf Koebnik (Chair)